Hope you enjoy because this is the last one

Today we saw (and participated in) a Lempira day celebration, which was really awesome. There was dancing and academic awards. They did a dance by themselves and then brought us up onto the dance floor so we could look like fools, but it was all good because everyone was super happy. And we had lunch outside with all the kids, including some pretty sweet juice. And before the celebration was some sort of health presentation that no one except for Rebecca understood. But I'm pretty sure they said the El Hogar kids are for the most part healthy. And of course there was lots of playing with kids, some drawing, and a final soccer game that neither team won. Will and Ellie are now playing finger soccer. (Don't ask.) Ellie beat Lizzy with lots of requests for me to give them back the ball because they "kicked" it too hard.
We're super sad to leave. (I think it would be impossible not to be.) But in my personal opinion we had a pretty awesome and fun last day.
Because it's (sadly) our last blog post, we would like to include a quotation (thanks, Lydia, for letting me know that it's quotation and not quote) from every person on this trip (and some who aren't)...
Reed: "I'd love to but I'm singing." Walks away singing "Dame la mano" (a song from church)
Lizzy: "Aaaaaaaaaahh"
Katie: "Uh. Um. Hi Robert."
Lydia: "I've decided that I'm too tired to resist my controlling impulses, so I'm letting you do this by yourself." Actually, I took over because I'm inspired.
Robert: "Donde esta la zapato de Jefferson?"
Chris: "Jake, I need more rubbing alcohol."
Will: **sings Frank Sinatra in the shower** "I feel like there's refried beans in that pot." (We had refried beans at dinner, in case anyone was wondering. I didn't have any because I'm still pacing myself.)
Ellie: "I felt like I got showed up on the dance floor."
Thyra: "OMG, yes and no."
Charlie: "I REGRET"
Ella: "How about school's out, scream shout."
Jason was unavailable for comment at the time I was writing this.
Jake: "At least we got out unscathed. Wait, never mind. ROBERT NO!"
Rebecca: "Mucho mas y si. In honor of Jake."
Emma: "I am funny. Why does no one think I can be funny? (Today's isn't so funny because I'm out of funny writing after helping with most of the blog posts. And I'm a little tired.) Also, I would like to mention again that Ella and I won celebrity name game." (I'm last because I'm actually doing the writing and forgot to add myself and then didn't want to back and come up with something.)

That's all I've got. Hope you're all pysched to see us exhausted after our attempted all-nighter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of luggage fees, transit strikes and soccer balls

Day 2

Day Cuatro